CRIAQ’s mission is to increase the competitiveness of the aerospace industry by stimulating business innovation through collaborative R&D. This mission is achieved through an ecosystem that brings together diverse talent and fosters technology entrepreneurship. The principles of equity, diversity and inclusion are pillars of such an ecosystem.
The present scholarship program aims to encourage the next generation of women to choose or pursue university studies related to aerospace.
This program will provide two scholarships:
- 1 scholarship of $ 7,500 to encourage a master’s candidate.
- 1 scholarship of $ 10,000 to encourage a doctoral candidate.
Ms. Annie Ross, Assistant Director of Research at Polytechnique Montréal and Ms. Manon Gaudet, Assistant Director of Aviation Cybersecurity at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), are the ambassadors of this program for the 2023 edition.
At the time of application for this scholarship program, the scholarship applicant must be enrolled in or, in the process of being admitted to a program of study by the Fall 2023 semester.
Her program of study must:
- Lead to a master’s degree (for the master’s scholarship candidate), or a doctoral degree (for the doctoral scholarship candidate);
- Be in the field of science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related to aerospace and sustainable air mobility of the future;
- Be offered by a university located in Quebec.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION AND DEADLINE:
Applicants must provide the form and documentation below by April 17, 2023, 4PM.
Please note that this form requires a cover letter of approximately two pages, including a description of the planned career path and the link between the studies with aerospace;
- The following documents in Word or PDF format at CRIAQ
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 2 pages, in letter format;
- A recent transcript from the current educational institution;
- Proof of application for admission or enrollment for the program of study described in the Eligibility Criteria section;
- A letter of support from an official representative (researcher, professor, head of institution/department) supporting the nomination.
Documents may be submitted in French or English.
Missing information, missing documents or documents that do not correspond to the above-mentioned format may render the application ineligible.
- Quality of the file/potential to pursue studies;
- Candidate’s motivation;
- Peer recommendation;
- Social involvement, leadership, communication skills.
SELECTION PROCESS AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Each application will be analyzed by a selection committee composed of people involved at the CRIAQ. The results will be communicated by the end of May by the CRIAQ. Recipients must be available by videoconference or in person (to be determined) on June 15, 2023 (schedule to come), to attend the CRIAQ General Assembly of Members (AGM), during which the awards will be announced. For further information, contact email@example.com.