Kicking Off a New Era of North American Trade January 28, 2020 Toronto
Invitation to a session to explore the business opportunities between Canada and the U.S. East Coast and Great Lakes Regions.
Brought to you by Delta Air Lines, PNG Bank and AmCham, we invite you to a business forum that will provide you with the knowledge, tools and opportunities to trade with Canada’s largest trading partner.
Canada and the United States enjoy the largest trading relationship in the world, and close to 400,000 people cross the shared border each day for business or pleasure or to maintain family ties. A secure and efficient flow of goods and people across the border is vital to both countries’ economic competitiveness and prosperity.
Canada is the top trading partner in most U.S. states and Canada is the United States’ largest customer, buying more goods from the United States than China, Japan and the United Kingdom combined. Canadian companies operating in the United States directly employ 500,000 Americans. The trading relationship between Canada and the United States helps both countries:
- Grow stronger economies together
- Support economic growth
- Eliminate barriers
- Compete globally
With over 10 trade and investment agreements involving Canada and the US, the opportunities are vast. Join us to learn about the trade and investment opportunities in the following regions:
- The Great Lakes
- North Carolina
Who Should Join Us?
This event is of interest to all companies with investment or export/import activities in the following sectors (non-exclusive):
- Agriculture, Food and Beverages
- Defence and Security
- Food & Beverages
- Human Health & Sciences
- Oceans Industries
- Infrastructure, Building Products and Related Services
- Business Services
- Gail Morris, Managing Director, State of Georgia – Canada
- Nancy Ward, Director, Canadian Trade Office of the Great Lakes
- Hesam Houryaband, Deputy Director, Enterprise Florida
- Jeffrey Johnson, Managing Director, State of Illinois Canada Office
- Ron A. Straatsma, Representing the Minneapolis-St. Paul Region
- Eric Brock, Chief Operating Officer, PNC Bank Canada
- David Olsen, Regional President, PNC Bank Canada & Vice-Chair, American Chamber of Commerce
- Leigh Smout, Executive Director, World Trade Centre Toronto
- Martin Claessens, Principal Commercial Officer, U.S. Commercial Service
Registration begins at 09:00 a.m. The event will begin at 09:30 a.m. Link here to reserve your place